With three wins in seven games, Royal Challengers Bangalore have plenty of catching up to do. After their defeat to Mumbai Indians on Tuesday, captain Virat Kohli said they needed to win at least five of their next seven to qualify for the playoffs. The good news is Royal Challengers are playing their next three games in Bangalore, where they have a strong record. The potential bad news? The weather. Rains have hit the city over the last couple of days and if the evening rain continues, there could be a truncated game.
Kings XI Punjab went back to the top of the table after blanking out Chennai Super Kings on Wednesday by posting 231. While their batsmen have hogged the attention, their coach Sanjay Bangar gave due credit to the bowlers, pointing to the number of times they had taken ten wickets. Kings XI have achieved this twice and in their last game against Royal Challengers, they claimed eight. It is hard at this point to pick holes on Kings XI. The only thing that could bring them down is complacency.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Punjab is on roll, especially their batsmen. What a powerful stroke display we had in the last games against the CSK, even captain Bailey played brutal fiery innings and thrown every CSK bowler out of the park. Maxwell superb form continues and Miller is not far behind joining their mate in the exhibition. Kings XI bowlers are also doing descent job and they are taking wickets at right time and able to restrict opposition to gettable total or to defend when required.
RCB batting is not that bad too and home ground, their record is equally impressive. Problem is within their bowling department, and in front of Punjab they do have bigger challenge if they bat first is, "How much is enough to defend?".
Small ground, Batting pitch, Fast outfield and Chances of rain all indicates that the team who wins the toss and elected to field first. So our experts are supporting chasing team today. For updates please check our comments section.
- RCB won the toss and as predicted opted to field first. Match ODDs are slightly in favour of RCB 1.96 RCB.
- Small ground and Batting Pitch, these two reasons are good enough to go with Punjab initially. Punjab 20/0 after 2.1 Overs. Match ODDs 1.90 Punjab.
- Our experts believe even at the score of 170. Match ODDs more or less remain same. So one can play Wait and Watch game for the first innings. But just in case, Punjab able to put more than 170; Punjab will come more favourite. May be under 1.50. So, going with Punjab is not a bad option either. So, either to go with Punjab or do nothing for 1st innings.
- Punjab 45/0 after 5 overs. Match ODDs 1.80 Punjab. Things going good. 🙂
- RCB is throwing away too many runs as Extras, same mistake they had done against the Mumbai Indians in the last match. In between superb shot by Sehwag. 52/0 after 5.1 Overs. Match ODDs 1.70 Punjab.
- Sehwag gone. Yuvi on the balling mark and Maxwell looking good. 83/2 after 7.4 Overs. Match ODDs back to 1.67 Punjab.
- Maxwell gone. ODDs are back to where its started.
- Punjab 101/3 after 9.3 Overs. Match ODDs 1.88 Punjab. Isn’t that Joke? Seems like another wicket on its way. Just my guess.
- Punjab 115/3 after 11 overs. Match ODDs are too high 1.76 Punjab. Is this about the pitch and small ground or its about Miller and Baley? Better to wait and watch and cover your loss at 20-25p trading.
- Bailey gone. RCB is back in the game. Though Miller on strike Match ODDs are rollar coaster for Punters. 1.96 RCB now. As said; wait and watch.
- Starc get the beats. Punjab 131/4 After 13 Overs. Match ODDs 1.84 Punjab. Pendulam shifted again.
- RCB digging its own grave. Patel not very impressive in its first over went for 26 in a over. 170/4 after 16.1 Overs and as mentioned more then 170, Punjab may end up less then 1.50. So, those who are with Punjab. Can cover their loss at least. In between, Miller gone….no wait; its no ball. OH no; that is un-believable. That should be a no-ball but third umpire negative about it.
- Punjab put up a very good target for RCB to win this game. RCB need 199 to win the game. Look at the match ODDs 1.77 Punjab.According to our experts; "ODDs shows score is very gettable for RCB to achieve but to be honest, they have given away 15-20 extra runs in the form of wides, no ball and extra throws." So our suggestion is this is a trading game and match can go either ways but Punjab have already put 10 and over and its not that easy to achieve.As said in prediction, chasing team does have better chances to win. We are not denying that, all we are saying is this is long long match and you will get more chances to cover your loss and book profit on both sides if you back Punjab atr high ODDs and Lay double in low ODDs.
- As said, big target and you will be more beneficial if you stay with Punjab on high odds. Gayle and Kohli gone, match ODDs 1.18 Punjab. Lay Punjab double at this odds and book profit on both sides.
RESULT 31st match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kings XI Punjab, May 9, 2014
Kings XI Punjab42%
Royal Challengers Bangalore58%
Thank you for polling.
Have you seen Today's Match Predictions by our experts?