Hours before the game between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Daredevils dug themselves into a hole by keeping their batsmen down the order for too long. Against a team ranked No. 2 on the points table, Mumbai Indians played to a similar strategy - Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard and Corey Anderson all came in in the second half of the innings - and they were restricted to 157.
Mumbai retained Kieron Pollard and paid big money for Corey Anderson but with time running out in their campaign, they may want to look at giving both batsmen more time in the middle. A strong top order last season meant Mumbai played Pollard at No. 5, but this season the signs are he needs to be pushed up. Mumbai are one of only two teams - the other being Daredevils - to not have at least one fifty-plus opening partnership, and both these teams are stuck at the bottom of the table.
Heavily reliant on their bowling, Sunrisers have rediscovered some of the form that took them to the play-offs in IPL 2013. The match against Mumbai is the first of four home games for them, and they will be keen to emulate their stellar record at Uppal last season, where they won seven out of eight games. Apart from a 200+ score by Chennai Super Kings, Sunrisers didn't concede 150+ at home last year and they will be eager to establish that kind of dominance this time too.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Yesterday the way Banglore lost the game from 1.06 betting odds was something unexpected and these kind of matches only happens once in 10 to 15 games. So one should play safe and should book profit on both sides whenever get chances like that. Our aim is to guide punters to win big with least risk and that's the reason we do put our comments.
Prior match predictions are done on the basis of Team Performances, Ground Conditions, Team Combinations and Toss. But sometime we can see the body language players get change with one or two overs or the policy adopted by captain is not working or not going to work. In that case we post our comments to guide you guys. Like we have done in yesterday Kings XI v KKR game.
So, what we are trying to say is, do trust on us but play within your limits. Sometimes we advise our followers to cover loss on both sides. But yes, in business sometimes you should be ready accept losses.
Let's get back to today's game. Sunrisers v Mumbai Indians. Mumbai Indians have shown some very good cricket at their home ground but then against CSK they turned down. But that wasn't a bad performance at all. We are expecting some surprises from Mumbai Indians, specifically about their batting order.
On the other hand Sunrisers playing at their home ground would like to repeat their last year performance on the same ground. No-doubt their bowlers are they key for them but at the same time you need batsmen to put the total on board if you ask to bat first.
Since pitch is little bit on a slower side we are expecting the team wins the toss would like to bat first on the track and 145-155 score is going to be par score on this ground and the kind of the bowlers both teams have in their kitty. So according to us Team batting first do have more advantages today. Macth ODDs 1.85 SRH and you will see fluctuation as the toss happens.
For more updates, please check our comments in our comments section of the page or Punters Wall.
- Sunriser have won the toss and elected to bat first as predicted. So the match odds remain same, since SRH is batting first. So going with SRH is not that bad at these ODDs.
- After 8.2 Overs, SRH 65/1. Match ODDs 1.71 SRH. As predicted we are supporting SRH. at least till the first innings get over.
- SRH 83/2 After 13 Overs. Match ODDs 1.98 SRH. Good time to back SRH
- SRH 91/2 after 14 Overs. Match ODDs 1.98 SRH. Expected score 150+
- SRH 112/2 After 16 Overs. Match ODDs 1.73 SRH. Good one isn’t
- SRH put 157 on board. Match ODDs 1.82 SRH. We are still with SRH.
- 1st ball is going to ball but look at the ODDs 1.63 SRH. WOW, if you want to play safe. You can cover your loss. We would prefer to wait for sometime.
- MI lost 1st Wicket in the second over. Match ODDs 1.46 SRH. Cover your loss now and wait if you will get chance to back them again.
- MI 2 overs 3/1. Match ODDs 1.36 SRH. What else you want? Cover your loss and enjoy the match for sometime at least.
- Superb Over for MI 32/1 after 5. Match ODDs 1.86 SRH. Time to back SRH again. but only for those who have covered their losses. or for those who haven’t bet yet.
- MI back in game, 75/1 after 10 overs. Match ODDs 1.45 MI. Next 3 overs are curcials. Don’t do any bet for now.
- Seems like one sided affair for MI now. 65 on 48 with 9 wickets in hand. So if you have any profit on SRH. Put back in MI. and If you have any loss on MI. Put equal loss on both sides. Sometimes, you need to book loss too
RESULT 36th match - Sunrisers Hyderabad v Mumbai Indians, May 12, 2014
Thank you for polling.
Have you seen Today's Match Predictions by our experts?