Both teams registered wins in their previous matches; while RR picked up their first set of points by outclassing the Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kings XI Punjab cantered to a convincing six-wicket victory over the Chennai Super Kings in a chase of 206. In a team that does not have too many explosive players at the top of the order, it is important that their skipper, Shane Watson, bats in the top three. The likes of Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishek Nayar and Sanju Samson can help build an innings, but it is critical that someone like Watson bats higher up the order to set the impetus. What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Though RR prevailed in their opening fixture, they will be concerned by the lack of runs from their batsmen. Despite chasing a modest 134, five RR batsmen were dismissed for single-digit scores and it was left to measured and mature knocks from AJinkya Rahane and Stuart Binny to see them home. KXIP won their opening match, and will know that they cannot chase down such lofty totals regularly – and should not be faced with such large targets. That they conceded in excess of 200 runs should be a concern for the team management and that is the one area they need a definite improvement in. The ploy not to give Mitchell Johnson the new ball too needs reconsideration. Today's match is between, good bowling side (RR) against the very good batting line-up (KXIP). Toss can play a vital role in this game along with how pitch will perform in the first few overs. We are more in favor of KXIP, but we would like to request our followers to keep an eye at comment section of the page or be remain on Punter's Wall page. So that you can comment, chat and reply at the same time and won't miss a single move.
Update (Will repeat comments posted by experts here)
- RR 22/1 after 3 overs. Pitch is looking flat, going with Royals is not bad idea either. Though we are supporting Kings XI to win the match. Match Odds: 1.70 Punjab
- RR lost another wicket, 54/2 after 6.1. Rajasthan were favorite before this wicket fell. Now Match ODDs are again in favor of Punjab 1.87.
- As said before, we are expecting big total. 170+ so going with Rajasthan is good option for now.
- RR : 77/2 in 9 overs. Royals are favorite with 1.85. Good job by our experts. Mind you ground id small, their is nothing in the Pitch. Those who have layed Punjab earlier should start covering their losses. Our experts believe RR will come favorite under 1.60.
- RR 128/2 after 13 Overs. Match Odds: 1.50 RR. Book your profit on both sides and enjoy the match.
- KingsXI got the target of 192. Match ODDs 1.63 Royals. According to our experts, “Though ground is small and wicket is favoring the batsmen its going to be difficult for KingsXI to chase the target against the Royals bowling.Royals manage to score 20 more runs then expected but Kings XI has descent batting line-up as well.” This is trading match and our followers should be plus on both sides as we have posted updates during the game to go with Royals in the first inning. Wait and watch, this should be a close contest.
- Punjab 125/2 after 13.2 overs. Match Odds 1.40 Punjab. Enjoy now guys. Does this matter who will win from here?
- 37 needed of 18 balls. Match odds: 1.92 Royals.. Our experts are with Punjab
- WOW what a over. 27 in this over. Now Punjab needed 10 in two overs. We need more and more comments from our paid subscribers now.
RESULT 7th match - Rajasthan Royals v Kings XI Punjab, April 20, 2014
Kings XI Punjab61%
Thank you for polling.
Have you seen Today's Match Predictions by our experts?