Last season, consistency was one of the characteristics that defined Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad - their scrappy, minimal-fuss brand of cricket making them popular with fans. This season, however, while Royals have hit on a winning patch and surged to the top half of the table, Sunrisers, despite big additions to their batting, are faltering lower down.
In Sunrisers last game, AB de Villiers played the kind of innings few teams could have done anything about, but their two victories have shown how critical it is for their top order to fire. Perhaps the best example was their victory against Delhi Daredevils in the UAE, where Aaron Finch and Shikhar Dhawan added 56, the best opening stand for the side so far - which set the base for a score of 184. Compare that to their losses in which their highest total has been 155.
Like their batting, the Sunrisers bowling also relies heavily on two individuals - Amit Mishra and Dale Steyn. While Steyn will have recovered from the mauling by de Villiers, Sunrisers could bring back Mishra on a track that can be expected to be a little slower.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Though Sunrisers are way down in the points table this is one of the most difficult match to predict as both teams are equally stable with common strength in their bowling and batting. However, one can easily figure out that Watson captaincy is much better as compare to Shikhar Dhawan. Moreover, Royals recent find Karun Nair has strengthen their middle order a lot.
Toss is going to play an important role in this match as chasing under lights with impressive bowling attacked especially chasing target 155+ is not that easy on this track. So we would like to suggest our followers to wait for the toss and will update you guys as comments on the same page as well as within our Updates section.
- Rajasthan won the toss and elected to field first. As mentioned earlier, chasing on this pitch is not that easy. Match ODDs are slightly in favour of SRH 1.95.
- SRH 19/0 after 2 Overs. Match ODDs 1.68 SRH. Ball is not coming to the bat, so after 6 overs scores will be slow down and infact couple of wickets can change the game.
- SRH 37/1 after 4 Overs. Match ODDs 1.73 SRH. Things are going nicely with SRH as predicted the team batting first have definite advantage.
- Hydrabad in despair 89/5. Match ODDs 1.46 Royals. Wait and watch for the total.
- Royals got the target of 135, Match ODDs 1.35 Royals. Pitch is slow and scoring runs is not that easy. Our experts are positive about Hyderabad come back in this game.
- Royals 27/2 after 4 overs. Match ODDs 1.48 Royals. Odds moving up. Need couple of more wickets by end of 9th overs.
- Royals lost Sanju Samsung 37/3 after 5.4 Overs. Match ODDs 1.72 Royals. Going good.
- Watson gone, Royals 41/4 after 6.3 overs. Match ODDs guess what; 1.58 Sunrisers. Cover your loss or book your profit on both sides as your wish.
- Royals 79/5 after 14 Overs. Match ODDs 1.52 SRH, Though we are positive about SRH win, we suggests are followers to book profit on both sides or cover loss according to your risk ability.
- Smith gone, Royals 82/6 now after 15.4 Overs. Match ODDs 1.06 SRH, so match seems to be over now. Will see you tomorrow. Hope you have enjoyed today.
30th match - Rajasthan Royals v Sunrisers Hyderabad, May 8, 2014
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (43% Votes)
- Rajasthan Royals (58% Votes)