They may be at opposite ends of the points table but Mumbai Indians will go into Saturday's match against Chennai Super Kings aware of one record - they are the team to have defeated Super Kings the most number of times in the IPL, nine out of 16 encounters. In Mumbai, their IPL record against Super Kings stands 5-0. To top that off, Mumbai have won 10 successive IPL games in Mumbai.
While they would have come as immense confidence boosters, Mumbai's last two wins at home have only underlined how heavily reliant the batting is on Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard. The focus, though, will be on Mumbai's bowlers, fresh off having reined in Royal Challengers Bangalore. Harbhajan Singh had been economical through this tournament, but against Chris Gayle and co, he stepped up as the bowling leader Mumbai needed in the absence of Zaheer Khan. He and Lasith Malinga will have to take charge again - Praveen Kumar comes into the IPL with little cricket in recent months, and Jasprit Bumrah will be playing his first match against the formidable Super Kings.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Mumbai Indians bagged couple of wins since they arrived in India and that too at their home ground. They won their last game against the in form Punjab who was unbeaten till then. Mumbai Indians confidence is been on cloud 9 at the moment and they truly deserve that as of now.
On the other hand, CSK lost their last game against Kings XI and that was their second encounter of the tournament and they lost both. Overall, CSK lost two games and too against Punjab. But today they are up against super studded Mumbai Indians and they are on roll as well.
We got the news that CSK have won the toss and elected to field, good decision by Dhoni but one thing here to notice is, even Rohit Sharma wanted to bat first on this pitch. Match ODDs are 1.73 CSK.
According to our experts, "Mumbai Team always perform better while defending the total but then they need to put good total on-board. And when we say good total, it should be +165."
But this is T20 Cricket where game can be switched in an over. So, please check our comments in our comments section of the page or Punters Wall.
- MI are looking in confidence though they havn’t got flying start in 2 overs and they are on 8/0. Match ODDs 1.67 CSK. We suggest to go with Mumbai Indians in the first innings.
- MI lost their 1st wicket at 16; Match ODDs 1.69 CSK. Right time to lay CSK.
- MI 86/2 after 13 Overs. Match ODDs: 1.69 CSK. Project score 155+.
- MI 111/2 after 16 Overs. Match ODDs 1.66 CSK. Expected score 155+
- As predicted MI able to put 157 on board. According to our experts MI fall 15-20 runs short. But that still a winning total. Match ODDs 1.59 CSK and our experts have a feeling that this match will go down to the wire and this is right time to lay CSK.
- CSK 56/2 after 8 Overs. Match ODDs 1.89 CSK. Time to cover your loss a bit. Depending upon your risk capability. We are with MI.
- CSK 82/2 after 11 overs. Match ODDs are bit high, 1.44 CSK. One should play safe here by putting back money on CSK. Though, we believe is some turn is around the corner. Either a big over or a wicket.
- 11 needed on 6 balls. Match ODDs 1.56 CSK. Interesting contest, Dhoni on crease, according to us CSK should win.
33rd match - Mumbai Indians v Chennai Super Kings, May 10, 2014
- Chennai Super Kings (52% Votes)
- Mumbai Indians (48% Votes)