The last time Royal Challengers Bangalore met Rajasthan Royals, they narrowly avoided beating the record for the lowest total in the IPL.
The chances of a team folding for 70 on the Chinnaswamy Stadium pitch are small but Royal Challengers will need more than the comfort of home conditions to keep their tournament alive. Except for the first two wins in the UAE, they have been unconvincing, a problem magnified by the indifferent form of their batsmen. It is perhaps a fall-out of having built their batting around three top players. With two out of form, and the public struggles of Yuvraj Singh, one of the strongest line-ups on paper has been shaky on the ground.
Their bowling, one of the more settled attacks in the first half of the tournament, has also emerged as a concern. They were alarmingly generous with their lines, conceding 25 extras against Mumbai Indians and then struggled to drag the momentum back against Kings XI Punjab, allowing their batsmen to strike boundaries from the start.
In contrast, the Royals bowling has been far more disciplined and they have stuck to the template of keeping the opposition down to a manageable score while fielding first. The failure to chase a total of 132 would have come as a reality check after four straight wins and they would be keen to shrug the loss off and focus on consolidating their position in the top four.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
RCB have won just one match in the last five they played whereas Royals lost just one from their lot. So, both the teams up against each other and desperate to win to keep their hope alive's for qualifying, in fact RCB has do or die situation here.
Shockingly, 71% Punters as of now are supporting RCB and Match ODDs too are in favour of RCB only with 1.63 on betfair. Though RCB is running through bad patch and Royals are in bit comfortable zone as compare to their opponents our experts have decided to go with RCB today.
For more updates, please check our comments in our comments section of the page or Punters Wall.
- RCB back into the game with Yuvraj cracking innings along with ABD. Royals get the target of 191, Match ODDs 1.27 RCB. We are still supporting RCB as mentioned in our pre-match prediction. Our experts expecting some fireworks in the Royals innings but more or less this should be comfortable win for the RCB.
- After 3 Overs Royals 24/0. Match ODDs 1.31 RCB. We don’t re-commend to Lay RCB here. But if you want to take chance, your wish. Forgot to mentioned. One should cover loss at least.
- Yuvi took 2 in an over. Watson the big fish gone. Match ODDs 1.06 RCB. What else you want. Time to book profit on both sides if you want to do some trading. According to us, their is nothing left in the game.
- Smith Pulled down the show again. 30 needed on 15. Very much possible. Match ODDs 1.80 RCB. What a match?
- 20 needed in 2 overs, wickets in hand and Smith is on crease. Rajasthan favorite with 1.80. what a match? shoulb be easy win for royals now.
- Today we witnessed a match which turned 360 degree after last strategic break. Rajasthan required 65 in 24 balls. But they scored 65 in 3 overs. This happens in IPL only.
35th match - Royal Challenger Bangalore v Rajasthan Royals, May 11, 2014
- Rajasthan Royals (31% Votes)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (69% Votes)