The Chennai Super Kings, who currently occupy the second-last spot in league standings, clash with the Delhi Daredevils in the eighth match of the Pepsi IPL 2014.
It is not often that teams post more than 200 runs on the board and yet end up on the losing side. But that is precisely what happened to MS Dhoni’s team in their season opener, against Kings XI Punjab. Delhi Daredevils, meanwhile, started their season with a big loss against RCB, but recovered quickly to trounce KKR in their second match.
Smith and McCullum added 123 runs for the opening wicket to set up the game for CSK in their previous match. With runs in both matches, JP Duminy is Delhi Daredevils’ man in form.
MS Dhoni’s boys will know they have a clear edge going into their match against the Delhi Daredevils. The two-time IPL champions have won 8 of the 12 matches against the team from Delhi.
What our expert think about the game? Read on...
Skipper MS Dhoni and coach Stephen Fleming will have made note of the fact that their fielders were guilty of grassing four opportunities that came their way. You cannot put down catches, and certainly not those of destructive players like Virender Sehwag, Glenn Maxwell and David Miller.
KKR managed to score 81 runs in the middle period of the innings in their match against DD. That should certainly be one area where DD could execute their skills and plans more efficiently.
To summaries, we can say that Delhi Daredevils batting are lot more depend upon the JP Duminy, especially if Peterson is out of the game. Whereas CSK has big batting line-up and more importantly they are in good form. According to us bowling is the week point for both the teams. Daredevils giveaway too many runs even though they managed to grab quick wickets in both the games.
So, We are supporting CSK in this game. Because of the two reasons. Firstly, Dhoni's captaincy - Most experience captain and Mr. Cool doesn't believe in repeating same mistakes. Other reason is their solid in-depth batting line-up. Only doubt is in our mind would be what if DD would bat first and put handsome total on-board.
To keep in mind, we would like to request our followers to keep an eye at comment section of the page or be remain on Punter's Wall page. So that you can comment, chat and reply at the same time and won't miss a single move.
Update (Will repeat comments posted by experts here)
- Answer to a question - Will delhi come favorite? Ans: Diffcicult in first inning. May be in 2nd inning but we need to check how much CSK will score.
- CSK 103/3 after 14 overs. Final score should be 150-160. Match Odds: 1.46 CSK.
- Guys we may not remain for rest of the match today. CSK have scored 177 and Match ODDs are 1.39 CSK. According to our experts "We believe that accidents doesn't happen too often and Dhoni is not the kind of captain who will repeat mistakes too often. So we are expecting relatively straight match for CSK to win. But you guys should cover the loss according to your risk capacity. Whenever match goes low, cover loss and when high put back on CSK. Once again according to us CSK should win this match."
8th match - Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils, April 21, 2014
- Delhi Daredevils (34% Votes)
- Chennai Super Kings (66% Votes)